Who are we and what do we stand for?
1. Our story
Launched in 2013 by Moulaye and Kadry as a side project to help a friend’s mother, they understood quickly that there was room for opportunity for distribution through the web for African culture.
With an outsourced MVP, they saw the first orders coming and they decided to dedicate themselves full time to this growing project. With the coming of Luc, in 2016 they focused on Tech and Product and then launched Afrikrea, the marketplace, and Boom… a growth of 8% per week doubling our revenue every quarter and multiplying our revenue 10 times every year!
After several fundraisings, a move to Abidjan, the coming of the first team members, and a strong partnership with DHL, Afrikrea became the number 1 African eCommerce exporter.
Since starting, we enabled over 50m$ of transactions in175 countries!
2. The current situation: the transition to Anka
In 2020, rich in these years of experience in direct contact with sellers and as entrepreneurs serving entrepreneurs, we understood that the challenges of the sellers were deeper than those solved by the marketplace, Afrikrea. The sellers faced specific African issues such as the lack of visibility globally, the difficulty of shipping products worldwide from Africa, and the complexity of payments between international and local ways. To resolve these needs that exceed the perimeter of a simple marketplace, they decided to create Anka.
Anka, powered by Afrikrea, is the all-in-one solution for sellers of products « Made of Africa » (fashion, art, food, or beauty…) to sell from anywhere, ship worldwide, get paid faster on international or local African payment methods, and easily manage their businesses. Our new vision is clear: Export Africa by building the future of selling globally!
In January 2023, we raised 15 million euros from top-tier investors (including the co-founder of Alibaba) and it’s the reason why we are looking for the right people to help us achieve this vision. Lately, we completed that round with a $5m extension from leading DFIs like the IFC and Proparco, setting us up for even higher raises and levels in the coming years !
Few KPIs about Anka
1. General KPIs
- 20 000+ sellers in 46 African countries and 100 in total
- 50+ million dollars of transactions in 175 countries
- Each month 1 200 000+ visits;
- Each week 7 000+ new products;
- Each day 1 200+ messages exchanged ;
- A team of 40+ members in 13 countries, passionate about this vision, diverse, experienced, working in full remote (since day 1), and very cool!
2. Specific KPI for the Officer Manager
- The time to answer administrative requests (48 hours maximum)
- The time to finalize Administrative Project Management (1 month maximum)
- Time to finalize Payroll (before the 5th of each month)
What are we looking for?
1. Context of the team and vision of the role
We are looking for an Office Manager to organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
Under the responsibility of Marina, our Head of People & Culture , you’ll be working hand in hand to provide administrative support alongside some HR tasks.
2. Your challenges (if you accept them…)
- Overseeing general office operation.
- Serve as the point person for office manager duties including:Maintenance, Mailing, Supplies, Equipment, Bills, Shopping.
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary.
- Assist in HR tasks (onboarding process for new hires, contracts, paperwork, payroll, etc).
- Design and maintain the filing, sharing and archives systems on both GDrive and Basecamp.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the CEO.
- Works closely and effectively with the officers to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Organize office operations and procedures.
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment.
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease.
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware and travel arrangements).
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences.
What will you need to succeed?
1. Skills & qualifications
- Proven experience as an Office Manager, Front Office Manager or Administrative Assistant with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong experience in working with an HR team.
- Hands on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers).
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- Bachelor degree and / or additional qualification as an Administrative assistant or Secretary.
- Fluent in English and French.
- Work well under pressure.
- You live in Abidjan and have experience in working in startups and/ or international companies.
- You have a real interest in the African ecosystem and the tech world.
What do we have to offer?
1. A competitive salary alongside with an Ivorian Long-Term contract
2. A health insurance for you and your family
3. Employee Stock option plan
4. 30 days paid holidays per year
5. Our culture “Teamwork, Determination, Accountability, Curiosity”
- Teamwork - Alone you go fast, together we go far, empathy is key.
- Determination - Keep trying until you deliver.
- Accountability - Say it, own it, do it!
- Curiosity - Sharpen your skills.
6. Our work-from home policy ( 100% remote since Day 1)
You have the freedom and flexibility to work from everywhere which implies asynchronous and structured communication (thanks to Basecamp) but also flexibility, autonomy, and discipline.
7. The possibility of growing quickly within the organisation, as this is a new role and you can build and set the foundation from the ground. There are plenty of opportunities for you to grow in different areas of your career.
Our hiring process
- Screening call: 15 minutes with Marina, our Head of People & Culture to get to know you, discuss your motivation & fit for the role.
- Technical interview: 1H interview with Marina and/or Kadry, our COO to deep dive into your technical competencies.
- Meet our CEO: 20 minutes interview with Moulaye, our CEO to discuss your career aspirations and fit with our company culture.
- The AHOM: Our weekly company meeting
- 1-week meet-up once a year in an African city all together
Specific for the role
- Team weekly basis meeting
Our Diversity and Inclusion Policy
We're Anka. We truly embrace diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to color, religion, sex, national origin, sexuality, disability, or any other characteristic.
If you want to be truly yourself, work from where you want but also work in an organization with an international impact, Anka is the right place for you!