What is ANKA, by Afrikrea:
Afrikrea.com is the largest e-commerce marketplace to buy and sell “Made of Africa” items may it be fashion, art, food or beauty.. We help thousands of sellers grow their businesses through our services, and provide useful tools and methods to help them sell worldwide.
In the numbers:
- 20 millions $+ of transactions in 170 countries ;
- 12,000 sellers all around the world and in 46 of the 54 African countries;
- 750k+ visits each month ;
- 3000+ new products each week ;
- 1200+ messages exchanged each day;
ANKA, powered by Afrikrea, is the all-in-one solution to sell from anywhere, ship worldwide and get paid faster on international or local African payment methods.
What will you do:
- Build knowledge in our platform
- Trimestral increase of the conversion rate in the target market (USA);
- Weekly analyse of sales figures, customers’ reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs, identify potential shortages or learn from current difficulties;
- Establish, communicate and enforce guidelines for content upload on the platform from pictures to product descriptions;
- Sort products in appropriate categories and update existing categories/selections/specifications according to trends, customer behaviours or seller requests;
- Curate monthly selections according to seasonal and market trends, and maintain existing ones;
- Monitor best-selling products and sellers’ availability and quality to ensure maximisation of sales volume;
- Identify gaps in product catalog, potential hot items or trending themes and recruit sellers with the said offering on the marketplace;
- Support high-potential designers in producing appropriate content, including with partners;
- Implement monthly recommendations for the seller community from pricing to SKUs strategy and plan for the seasons upcoming
Experience & Personal skills:
- Work well under pressure
- You will have proven experience of working in a Marketplace, and other online sellers
- A keen understanding of customer behaviour with a desire to create effective results
- A creative understanding of visual impact of product presentation
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ideally you will have had experience working at an e-commerce company within digital marketing, merchandising.
- Fashion Merchandising experience
- You have strong experience in business analytics, consumer insights development, a solid understanding of core marketing levers
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can build relationships with and influence stakeholders.
- You are an excellent communicator and creative thinker.
- You are organized and able to juggle multiple priorities and deliverables.
Salary 1000-2000 euros net depending on experience in startup environment and in Africa
Start date: ASAP