Who are we and what do we stand for?
A) Our story
Launched in 2013 by Moulaye and Kadry as a side project to help a friend’s mother, they understood quickly that there were opportunities for distribution through the web for the African culture. With an outsourced MVP, they saw the first orders coming and they decided to dedicate themselves full time to this growing project. With the coming of Luc, in 2016 they focused on Tech and Product and then launched Afrikrea, the marketplace, and Boom… a growth of 8% per week doubling our revenue every quarter and multiplying our revenue 10 times every year!
After several fundraisings, a move to Abidjan, the coming of the first team members, and a strong partnership with DHL, Afrikrea became the number 1 African eCommerce exporter.
B) The current situation: the transition to Anka
In 2020, rich in these years of experience in direct contact with sellers and as entrepreneurs serving entrepreneurs, we understood that the challenges of the sellers were deeper than those solved by the marketplace, Afrikrea. The sellers faced specific African issues such as the lack of visibility globally, the difficulty of shipping products worldwide from Africa, and the complexity of payments between international and local ways. To resolve these needs that exceed the perimeter of a simple marketplace, they decided to create Anka.
Anka, powered by Afrikrea, is the all-in-one solution for sellers of products « Made of Africa » (fashion, art, food, or beauty…) to sell from anywhere, ship worldwide, get paid faster on international or local African payment methods, and manage their businesses easily. Our new vision is clear: Export Africa by building the future of selling globally!
In January 2022, we raised 5,4 million euros from top-tier investors (including the founder of Alibaba), which is why we are looking for the right people to help us achieve this vision.
C) Few KPIs about Anka
- 13000+ sellers in 46 African countries
- 35+ million dollars of transactions in 172 countries
- 750 000+ visits each month
- 3000+ new products each week
- 1200+ messages exchanged each day
- A team of 45 team members passionate about this vision, diverse, experienced, working in full remote (since day 1), and very cool!
Specific KPIs for the Payment department:
- Total payment value
- Numbers of cards shipped
- Numbers of cards orders
- Amount of PayPal disputes solved
- Chargeback resolution
- Dispute management
- Fraud moderation
- Number of Level 2 tickets solved
What are we looking for?
A) Context of the Team
The Payments Business Unit englobes ANKA wallet, Anka Prepaid VISA card, the BNPL feature, as well as every payment method offered on our website.
We listen to our customer's payment needs throughout the world and provide the best-tailored solutions for them.
We also promise a safe platform for our customers and stakeholders, as we have a team who identifies instances of fraud and investigate fraudulent activities.
We work every day towards making payments on our website seamless for our customers, whether they are buyers or sellers.
Our mission is to grow our TPV tenfold within the next 12 months
B) Your challenges (if you accept them…)
- Monitor and process daily payments in an efficient, effective & accurate manner
- Ensure financial procedures are followed diligently
- Coordinate with finance & marketing teams for daily operations
- Solve level 2 escalation on payment-related issues, interacting with buyers, sellers & stakeholders
- Handle the enrolment of our card program users
- Track the operational performance of the business unit
- Hands-on experience in handling chargeback and dispute resolution
- Investigate and resolve payments issues by collaborating with third-party payment providers
- Responsible for the prevention and detection of potentially fraudulent transactions across all payment channels through daily transaction reviews
B) What you will need to succeed in terms of hard & soft skills (Mandatory):
- Work well under pressure
- Excellent flexibility & adaptability skills
- Demonstrate adaptability daily
- You must be proficient in Google suite and Microsoft office suite
- You must be familiar with payment service platforms (card schemes, PayPal, flutterwave, etc)
- Strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Details & results oriented
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English & French
- Passionate about new technologies
- Interest in the African digital & financial ecosystem
- Minimum of two years working experience as Payment / Fraud / Risk Analyst in the Fintech Industry
C) The recruitment process
- A 30-minute interview on Zoom with Laetitia, our Senior Head of People & Culture, to validate the fit with our needs and your fit with Anka
- A 60-minute interview on Zoom with 2 Payment team members to deep dive into your technical skills with questions on payments for our marketplace and risk management
- A 30-minutes interview on Zoom with Guillaume, our CFO, to validate your fit with our culture
D) Key information about this position:
- Start date of this position: The 3rd of October (at the latest)
- Salary: Between 750 and 1250 euros net per month (according to experience)
What we can offer you
- Our culture "We Craft We Care We Share"
- Our work from policy (Full remote since Day 1)
- The possibility of growing quickly within the organization
- Our policy about diversity & inclusion
If you want to be truly yourself, work from where you want but also work in an organization with an international impact, Anka is the right place for you!